Pookie Powers were instantly activated on April 25, 2000 when we met for the very first time at the Xando (now unfortunately Cosi) at the Courthouse Metro in Arlington, VA. Since then, our power has spread far and wide with its epicenter now positioned in Broomfield, CO. And the Pookie Nation has grown to include one more.

The start of this blog marks the five year anniversary of the official Pookie union. With many years ahead, the power knows no bounds!

The entire population of Pookie Nation

Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Sister Hailey

Didn't you know that I had a sister? Yes, her name is Hailey. She's what my mom calls a "designer dog". My dad carries pictures of her in his wallet in lieu of me or my brother. And why not -- she worships him! Not like us troublesome kids who give him a hard time for being a Republican.

Whenever I tried to take her for a walk in Greenport, she cried and cried to be taken away from her "parents". This little dog can really pull your arm off. On one walk though, I did manage to get her to go a few blocks down to the park next to the beach. There were a bunch of kids there at a day camp who hundled around to visit Hailey. Imagine seven little girls petting her belly all at once while she lies on her back in bliss. Yup, that's my sister.

No comments: